About Me & Disclaimer

Monday, 12 June 2017

My (very late) May Faves!

I haven't been around much lately in the blogging world. I've suddenly got an influx of work and I also want to set up my Etsy shop this month which is very exciting, but all my focus is on that and work right now. I normally like to write 8 blog posts a month, but I'm not sure how much free time I am going to have over the next two months, however, I'll do my best to post as and when.

Here is a (very late) list of my May favourites:

* I was sent 4 bottles of Sparkling Elderflower to review from Rocks Drinks last month. It was when we had that little heat wave and I was so grateful to sip on this refreshing drink poured over ice. My Husband and I both really enjoyed this, were big fans of Elderflower drinks and we rate this highly! I'm keen to try more of Rocks Drinks other delicious sounding options.
 
These drinks are ready to go with a screw top lid, so no fussy lids like other glass bottle drinks. I like that it's a glass bottle which in my opinion is a better option to plastic. Made in Devon with an uncomplicated approach, a simple list of ingredients and using the finest fruit growers, Rocks Drinks squashes and squeezes all of the goodness out of each piece of fruit that goes into their drinks.
You can buy drinks from Rocks Drinks Here
 

*As a Mills & Boon insider I get sent a complimentary book to read each month to review. This month I read Sold For The Greek's Heir by Lynne Graham. This is the third and final instalment of a series of books about three sisters.



A brief fling between playboy Jax and waitress Lucy ends abruptly leaving Lucy pregnant. Unbeknown to Lucy, Jax thought she'd betrayed him, so he disappears from her life. Unable to get hold of Jax to tell him she was having his baby Lucy is left alone to get on with things.

They run into each other two years later and Jax finds out he has a child. Although Lucy was treated terribly, she can't deny that they still have chemistry. Can feisty Lucy forget the past and move forward through the various obstacles that face them.

Both characters have troubled pasts, but I didn't warm to Jax, he was very overbearing and dominant. I preferred Lucy, however, not as much as her sister Ellie who was the main focus in the second book of this series: The Italian's One-Night baby.

I enjoyed this short read, it was nice to read the final book in this series. I liked that the book ended with all three sisters reconnected, although I would have liked to read more of an interaction between them. The great thing is that if you haven't read the previous books, then it won't matter, it will all still make sense.

You can buy a copy Here

Lollies

I am not a fan of the Summer! Sorry for those sun worshippers among you, but I'm not. I much prefer crisp cold mornings, snow and cosy days. I can't stand heat waves so when we had that brief heat wave last month, I was looking for ways to cool down. Lots of ice in drinks and lollies, one of the few things I enjoy about the Summer! My Mum gave me a box of Mini Milks the other day, anyone remember having those as a kid? What a throw back! So was this Nobbly Bobbly I enjoyed too!

 
 
* Also from Mills & Book is The Mills & Boon Modern Girl’s Guide to Growing Old Disgracefully by Ada Adverse. I have previously reviewed one of Ada's other books 'Turning into your Mother'
 
 
These books are hilarious and again the anecdotes are accompanied by black and white vintage looking photos. I laughed out loud more than once at this book and spent a nice half an hour eating snacks and reading this on my sofa. It really cheered me up!

This book is so witty and is sure to raise a laugh among friends and also with older relatives.

You can buy a copy Here

Reading

As you can see from the above mini reviews I am enjoying reading! I went through a spell of not reading as much as I used too and now I am reading loads again, which makes me so happy. I find it a great way of de-stressing and unwinding. I have a very active mind, I am constantly thinking all the time and losing myself in a great book is a way of silencing my mind for a little while. I'm also finding that it is helping me sleep. If I read before trying to sleep then it helps me dose off.
 
 
What did you enjoy about May? Let me know below.
 
* Anything marked with a * was sent to me to review. However, this does not have any affect on my opinion at all.

2 comments:

  1. I loved this post! I love reading people favourites.

    The book sounds great, I'm going to check that out!

    Also, you have a lovely blog. I followed with bloglovin :)

    Beth | http://allthebrightplaces.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. That's very kind of you. I will check your blog out and follow back. x

      Delete